We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
This policy also explains your choices about how we use information about you. Your choices include how you can object to certain uses of information about you and how you can access and update certain information about you.
When we refer to “LJ Lifestyle Solutions Pty Ltd,” “we,” or “us” in this policy, we mean LJ Lifestyle Solutions Pty Ltd, which controls the information collected when you use the services. On this website, LJ Lifestyle Solutions Pty Ltd offers services such as mentoring and coaching, live and online events, digital products, articles, podcasts etc. We also offer related services, like support. We refer to all of these products, together with our other services as “services” in this policy.
What does this policy cover?
What information do we collect about you?
Some data will be collected automatically by our site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to us, for example, when signing up for an account or making a purchase. We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use our services, as further described below.
Information you provide to us directly.
When you visit or use some parts of our website and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us for specific purposes which will be made clear and we will ask for your consent. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our website or services.
Information we collect automatically.
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is completely anonymous and is not personally identifiable to you or linked in any way to any other information you may choose to provide us with.
Information you provide to us.
Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, leave comments or reviews, sign-up for or make purchases through the services. For example, you provide your contact information and, in some cases, billing information when you purchase a product or register for the services.
Information you provide through our support channels and website:
The services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a service or product. You provide content to us when you provide feedback in this way or ask questions in the through our help desk or email support. This content may contain any information about you that you choose to include. When you engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue. This information and content may be retained to help us improve and refine our products and services. You can request that we remove and delete any or all of this information at any time. However for accounting and tax purposes, we are legally required to retain information pertaining to a sales transaction or refund, for 7 years.
We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase a product, such as payment card details, your name and email address, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
Information we collect automatically when you use the services:
We collect information about you when you use our services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the services.
Device and Connection Information:
We collect anonymous information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the services. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you access or use our services. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and device identifiers. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better service experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the services.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
Cookies: How cookies are used by this site.
What Cookies Are
Cookies are small files stored on your computer by your web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) at the request of a site you’re viewing. This allows the site you’re viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
Our Cookie Usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser’s options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software:
How we use information we collect
We use your data to provide you with any products and services you have requested and to manage our relationship with you.
- Providing and managing your Account
- Providing and managing your access to our site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site
- Supplying our products and services to you
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you
- Responding to communications from you
- Supplying you with email such as newsletters, alerts etc. that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email)
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve our site and your user experience
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and we will be limited in the products and services we can provide you without your consent for us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email with information, news and offers on our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR.
Communications may include:
- Providing you with information you’ve requested from us or information we are required to send to you
- Operational communications, like changes to our websites and services or assistance with using our websites and services
- Marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences
- Asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting
Further information on the ways we use the information we collect:
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the websites or services, whether by email, in-app support or otherwise.
We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance and to repair and improve the services.
To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To market to you: In addition to sending you marketing communications, we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports.
To provide the services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the services.
To communicate with you about the services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the services, including confirming your purchases, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
We use your contact information and information about how you use the services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests.
For safety and security: We use information about you and your service use to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of service policies.
To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote our products and services, with your permission.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them.
This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- you have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
How and where do we store your data?
Some or all of your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our site and submitting information to us. If we do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between us and any third parties.
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect.
Data security is of great importance to us, and to protect your data. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
How long do we keep your data?
Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal and financial accounting obligations, to resolve disputes.
Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How we share information we collect
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our services.
Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
With your consent: We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services.
Analytics: We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
Legal Proceedings: In certain circumstances we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal information, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
- You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. You may contact us as provided in the Contact Us page to request assistance.
- Access and update your information: Our services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the service. For example, you can access your profile information from your account. You can update your profile information within your profile settings.
- Request that we stop using your information:
- In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don’t have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email or by contacting us to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
International Data Transfers
- We collect information globally and primarily store that information in the United States and Australia. We may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate for the purpose of providing you the services. Whenever we transfer your information, we take all reasonable steps to protect it and have agreements with our service providers that do the same.
- For individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA), this means that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA. Where your personal data is transferred outside the EEA, it will only be transferred where we have approved transfer mechanisms in place to protect your personal data.
Your rights to withhold and withdraw information
- You may access certain areas of our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data by contacting us. However, you acknowledge this may limit our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
Summary of your rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
Our Service is not intended for minors under the age of 18, and therefore, we do not knowingly acquire or receive Personal Data from minors under the age of 18. If we later learn that any user of our Service is under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to remove that user’s information from our account database and will restrict that individual from future access to the Service.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
Updated May 2018